Here are some tips that will help you prepare for your upcoming photo session.
No personal cameras are allowed during the photo session.
Best age for sitter sessions is 7 – 8 months. Please wait at least three to four days if the baby will be having shots prior to the photo session.
Please arrive with baby fed and ready for action 🙂 Definitely bring 1-3 favorite outfits from home. I advise neutral light colors like beige, light grey, white, soft pink/blue/green/yellow, with no logos, stripes etc. You can even buy some outfits and return them after the session. You can also bring some accessories. Anything goes, bows, hats, headbands, bow ties, suspenders, jewelry, etc. I also have some outfits and some accessories in my client’s closet.
There are a few important rules that should be respected when shooting in the studio:
- The studio space is very small so please don’t leave your children unattended. Don’t let them run in the shooting area. The floor is slippery as well as the backdrops. Your child may fall and get hurt. There are wires, there’s a heater. A big light reflector and a backdrop stand that are not really sturdy (despite the fact that some of them are secured with sandbags). These things should not be touched, pulled etc.
- Eating and drinking in the shooting area is strictly prohibited! Not all the backdrops are washable. If a backdrop will be ruined its value must be refunded to the Photographer by the Client.
- Alcoholic beverages or drugs are NOT permitted in the studio.
- If you are smoking, please don’t smoke during / prior to the photo session. There are so many children in the studio including newborns and the cigarette smell is very strong. I can not air the room between the photo sessions (especially during cold times) because I need to maintain a certain temperature.
- No personal cameras are allowed during the photo session.
- We require that a parent or a legal guardian accompany all minors to their portrait session. Due to the small space of the studio please don’t bring with you people who are not being photographed. For newborn photo sessions: If you want sibling shots please bring them at the beginning of the session with an adult that can take them home afterwards, the photo session is too long for them to be patient.