Cleaning my studio was always a very important thing, because I work a lot with newborns, small children and expecting moms. I was always doing my best and worked hard to get rid of germs. However, with COVID-19 I take extra precautions. As the COVID-19 restrictions start to ease in different parts of the World, there are certain things we can do to reduce our chances of being infected or spreading the COVID-19.
What am I doing to prevent the COVID-19 spreading:
- Cleaning the studio space thoroughly before and after each session with detergents and disinfectants. I pay a lot of attention in cleaning surfaces that are touched more frequently, for example – tabletops, door handles, light switches, toilets, desks, taps, remote controls, posing bag, backdrop stand, clamps, stools and chairs, backdrops (the ones that might be cleaned and/or washed), wraps, outfits, bonnets and headbands, layering textures and other things.
- Asking my clients to confirm they don’t have any COVID-19 and/or any other cold/flu symptoms by signing the waiver form.
- Limit the number of people allowed in the studio (due to small space, not more than 4 people, including the photographer).
- Have all shoes removed before entering the studio.
- Regularly and thoroughly clean my hands with hand sanitizer and remind my clients to clean their hands as well.
- Maintain at least 1 meters between myself and others (not related to newborn photography, because I have to pose the babies).
- Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth.
- Make sure me and my clients follow good respiratory hygiene by covering mouth and nose with bent elbow or tissue when cough or sneeze. Dispose of used tissues immediately and clean hands.
- Use disposable hand towels.
- Remove toys, magazines and books.
Please note! For cleaning hard surfaces I am using Lemon Gard solution. It is on Health Canada’s list of disinfectants with evidence against COVID-19.